Hypno-Link offers a wide range of skill development programs that can be provided both on a one to one basis and in group settings.
The term ‘Skill development’ refers to a purposeful, systematic process in which individual, families and groups evolve and refine their personal strengths, skills and attributes in order to achieve their potential. The process of skill development is therefore person centred and goal orientated and directly driven by client specific needs and aspirations.
Skill development programs can be useful in addressing a wide range of challenges in many different many aspects of life, including self-care, relationships, interests, school activities, hobbies, employment and general wellbeing.
The process of skill development at Hypno-Link involves 8 major steps:
1. Person – centred discussion. This refers to a discussion in which the Hypno-Link staff engages with the clients to identify what matters most and what needs to be addressed during counselling and therapy.
2. Goal setting. In the goal setting phase, the Hypno-Link therapist works with the clients to identify their therapeutic goals using a Goal Attainment Scaling (GAS). Goal Attainment Scaling is an evidence based method of scoring and reviewing goal achievements. GAS is widely recommended for the use in rehabilitation and disability practice settings. This scaling method allows clients to easily monitor their progress and achievements. At the same time, GAS can also be used to provide a standardised outcome measures that can be analysed in a statistical way.
3. Mapping individual strengths, abilities and skills. This step involves working with clients to identify their unique strengths, skills and resources, along with the ways, in which these attributes can assist individual goal achievement.
4. Mapping for skill development. This step involves working with clients to map the areas for further skill development, and designing a learning environment, in which skills could be practiced and rehearsed.
5. Mapping the supports. In this stage, Hypno-Link therapist works with clients to identify their informal supports likely to assist in clients’ efforts to develop relevant skills and ultimately achieve their goals. The informal supports may include such people as partners, family members, friends, neighbours, school mates, work colleagues, peers, and so forth. Clients are encouraged to talk about their goals with their informal networks and to seek their support during the skill development processes.
6. Developing and implementing skills development programs. Once goal setting and mapping is completed, the therapist works in partnership with the client to create a unique, person centred skill development program that takes into account clients’ specific priorities, goals and aspirations. The skill development programs can be provided on either one to one basis or in a group, subject to clients’ preference.
7. Ongoing reviews. The ongoing reviews involve periodical monitoring of the GAS progress and client feedback throughout the duration of the program. This in turn, allows for a continuing improvement in the outcomes and quality of the program.
8. This refers to the stage when the success of the program is evaluated in terms of achieving the clients’ goals and in terms of client’s satisfaction. This usually happens towards the end of the agreed term, just prior the completion of the Program. If required, the client’s progress and achievement can be summarised in a formal report for the client and other recipients, as nominated by the client.
9. Termination of the Skill Development Program. Once the clients’ goals have been achieved and / or the term of the Hypno-Link Program has come to the end, the Program will be finalised
Hypno-Link provides specialised skill development programs in English and Polish to assist with a wide range of issues. We can assist with:
Confidence and capacity building. The term capacity building refers to the “process of developing and strengthening our resources and skills to support our adaptation and success in everyday life. The capacity building goes hand in hand with confidence building as both are interrelated. In order to develop capacity, one requires self-confidence, a belief in one’s ability to learn and successfully apply skills to achieve personal goals. Self confidence is really the key to individual success. The good news is that self-confidence can be learned. Hypno-Link can direct and support you in mastering self-confidence and positive outlook in life.
Reducing stress and anxiety. In our busy, fast paced, competitive society, many people experience high levels of stress. At times we can be so overwhelmed by stress that our reaction threshold becomes lowered and we find ourselves in a frequent state of flight or flight mode. If left to its own device, our over-vigilant self-protection mechanism, with reoccurring fight or flight responses is likely to result in anxiety disorders. Hypno-Link offers a specialised therapy for stress and anxiety management. We can teach you a wide range of evidence based cognitive behaviour strategies, relaxation skills and mindfulness techniques to assist you in effectively managing stress and anxiety.
Management of chronic health conditions. The term chronic health conditions refers to chronic medical conditions that have been or are likely to be present for over six months. Examples include: Asthma, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Anxiety Disorders, Major Depression, Arthritis, Diabetes and so forth. The management of chronic health conditions can be complicated by coexistent chronic pain and other health conditions, hence necessitating involvement of different specialists. Hypno-Link works alongside medical and allied health professionals to support you in managing your health and wellbeing. We can teach you a wide range of evidence based, cognitive behavioural strategies to assist you in the management of chronic pain, fatigue, tension, anxiety and other symptoms of chronic health conditions.
Developing friendships and social interaction skills. Well developed interpersonal skills are crucial for effective relationships with other people. They are required in all contexts, whether it is family discussions, intimate relationships or friendships. Hypno-Link can assist you to fine tune your interpersonal skills via modelling, couching and practising specific skills that require improvement. Examples of skills we can assist with include: active listening, verbal communication, non-verbal communication, assertiveness, use of manners in communication, personal presentation skills, problem solving and conflict resolution.
Preparation for employment and further education. Hypno- Link services in this area are currently limited to NDIS participants only and relate mostly to development and practice of presentation skills, organisational skills, self-confidence, manners in the workplace, self-confidence and resilience. Please refer to ‘NDIS Services’ section for further information.
Breaking the smoking and overeating habits. The Australian Bureau of Statistics identifies smoking and obesity as two significant health risk factors in Australia, with tobacco smoking being one of the largest preventable causes of death and illness. At Hypno-Link we offer a specialised therapy to assist you in addressing your habits (smoking and overeating). We are also teaching clients powerful cognitive behavioural, interpersonal and stress management strategies to assist you in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Developing skills to deal with other undesirable behaviours and habits. Apart from smoking and overeating, Hypno-Link can also assist with other challenging behaviours, such as nail biting, skin picking, bed wetting, hair pulling, and so forth.